Saturday, October 30, 2010

Slammed Saturday!

Aren't weekends supposed to be easy & relaxing? Well that's just not our style around here! This morning Sweetie came and crawled in with us at 6:10am and I didn't get much sleep after that. She likes to be cuddled in tight. Then Murray started blowing bubbles in his sleep or whatever it is he does! and THEN the freshly baked bread smell was driving me crazy!

I went to my circuit class, then Murray & the girls picked me up & we went to their dance class. They were allowed to wear Halloween costumes and Lovey went as a pirate girl, Sweetie was Hannah Montanna and Honey wore a dancer costume. While they were at their lesson, I ran to the store to get some supplies for supper (Chicken Thai Pizza, yummm!) and got back in time to see their show! Honey & Sweetie got dainty tip toe parts and Lovey was in the heavy stomping group. Coincidence? I think not!

After class we raced back home, grabbed a quick lunch & were back downtown an hour and 10 minutes after leaving dance! This has got to be some kind of record for us and no doubt due to some sort of divine intervention! We met my Aunt Cathy, Uncle Ralph & Clara and the 8 of us raked & bagged leaves at our minister's house. It's clergy appreciation month so we did it as a surprise for him & his wife. They invited us in for a snack afterwards and the girls were thrilled to get cookies & brownies!

When we got home it was almost time to start supper so I got that put together and we ate and then had movie night! It was Honey's turn to pick & she picked what looked like a dolphin movie but turned out to be a documentary/exposé on the dolphin industry in Japan. We didn't watch long and switched over to Little House instead. I had a feeling there was going to be some nasty bludgeoning footage so it was a good time to switch! The kids were bored anyway and were ok with not finishing The Cove.


1 comment:

Unknown said...

Good call on the movie. The Cove is the expose of the herding of dolphins into a small area and stabbing them to death. The scenes of the water turning red are quite vivid. Wish I hadn't seen it....