Saturday, March 12, 2011

Honey! We Lost the Kids!!!!


...... but not for long! Mum decided to finish off March Break with a bang and hosted a super sleepover last night. Movies, treats, nachos, Cocoa Puffs, chicken fingers, crafts, games.... she could sell tickets for this much fun! I drove the kids up yesterday and they happily scampered off to her car and threw me a quick wave and were out of sight & off to Grammie & Grandad's Fun Emporium! I know Bunny was quite looking forward to spending some time with Baby Pinecone!

On the way there I checked out the cliffs where the water runs off. During the spring there are some pretty cool waterfalls & with the up & down weather we've had lately, I'd hoped there would be some neat ice formations and found some!

The kids were quite appalled that I would get out of the car on the side of the highway to take pictures but were more shocked when I walked across the hardened snow. They were pretty sure I was going to get swallowed I think! Luckily the snow held & I got my shots :)))




After I got home I got a bunch of work done for the multiples group, answered a bazillion emails (it's rough being popular!!!) and then got ready to go out on the town!!!!!!! Murray & I went out to a Chinese buffet. We're getting old and can no longer bolt down half a dozen plates of this stuff. After my second, I was struggling! Uncle Wayne would be so disappointed in me! I wore my eating pants and everything. *sigh* I was even too full to get popcorn at the movie after (practically unheard of, I looooooooooooooooooove movie popcorn!!) We saw "Unknown" and enjoyed the suspense with all the twists! I think the story has been done before though, maybe similar to one of the Bourne movies? Not that it mattered, we were out, free babysitting and movie gift cards to blow!!! Wooooohoooo!!!!


No comments: