Thursday, March 10, 2011

Wedding Part II



I thought I'd be updating sooner but then felt like crap the night after my last post & went to bed early instead! It turned out to be a case of "ate too much junk" and not a full blown flu virus!

The wedding made for a long day for the girls but they got to see Nanny & Grampy and Trish so those were definite perks! Honey must have been exhausted because once the ceremony was over, she started asking if she could go to the hotel because she was so tired. Since it was only 3:30 I told her she'd have to wait awhile and that the only thing to do if we took her back would be to have a nap. It worried me when she was happy with that answer and said she WANTED a nap. She hasn't wanted a nap in 4 years!!!!!!! I was sure she must have had some terrible virus about to surface and make for a miserable night!

Once the pictures were done, we went back to "Aunt" Cynthia's for dinner as the reception wasn't starting til 7pm. The kids planted themselves next to a jumbo bowl of chips and were munching away contentedly til I fired some peanut buttered rolls and a glass of milk at them (they passed on the homemade seafood chowder, surprise surprise!).

As soon as we got back to the reception, Honey started complaining again and clinging to one of us constantly, unless she was playing her DS, then she was ok! I was hoping we'd catch a bit of the dance but by 9pm I didn't dare put off bedtime any longer. We zipped back to our hotel & got them tucked in and Murray settled in to do some programming work so I decided to go back for the dance since we were quite close by.

Unfortunately they had run out of music and most of the guests had left by the time I got back! No matter, I got to sit with my flowergirl and chat at a leisure. She was pretty exhausted from pulling an all nighter decorating the wedding cupcakes with her mom! Once everyone left we packed up the centerpieces and loaded the car and called it a night.

I was pretty tired myself, all the rushing around and stress of trying to get everyone ready on time had taken their toll! I was looking forward to the cushy bed at the hotel! Unfortunately for me, our room was in a wind tunnel and the screaming and whipping around the building kept me up for awhile. Then at 6am, construction or snow removal began and it seemed like every truck in the city was outside our window and constantly in reverse.. beep beep beep beep!!!!!

The kids wanted to go for a swim in the hotel pool so while they did that with Murray, I ran out for a little shopping & came back to pick them up & check out.

We stopped for lunch on the way home and then I slept til we hit the driveway!

No comments: