Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Birthday Surprise #1!

All haircuts had been done by yours truly (or by their own hand when the mood struck) and Murray suggested that they might like going to a hairdresser sometime. I thought it would be a fun birthday treat and booked appointments for them. Initially I'd hoped to do it the day of their birthday and then realized THAT would be CRAZY to try and fit in. Then I thought the day before their birthday would be good and then it would still look good at their party. Then I realized 7 year olds ARE NOT going to keep their hair in good condition and there was no point in making my last day to prepare for the birthday any busier!

So we went today! We went out for errands and then I took them into the salon and they figured out what was going on. Lovey was excited, Sweetie was cowering in fear, muttering "I don't want to cut my hair" under her breath and Honey looked to be near tears and wasn't having any of this haircut business either! So much for a special surprise! We went in anyway and once I explained it could be just a trim and didn't have to be anything major, the other 2 relaxed a bit and started to enjoy it. Once they got in the chairs for a shampoo, they were sold! I wish I'd booked a shampoo for me since I was there and all!

Lovey decided to go shorter and was grinning ear to ear through the whole thing and was thrilled with the whole thing.



Sweetie & Honey wanted to stay with their long hair so just got trims. Once she was satisfied that she wasn't going to be shorn, Sweetie was quite pleased at the pampering and got her hair straightened at the end and has been walking around very carefully every since! Honey never really got into it although she says she was smiling when I wasn't looking. I have my doubts however, especially after she opened her fist after we got out into the lobby at the end. Clutched in her little palm was one snip of the hair that had been cut. all 3/4 inches of it. She wanted something to remember her "long" hair by and is keeping it in a little jar by her bed! Honey was "too busy" reading when I asked her to come out for a picture but there's very little change so you'll have to use your imagination or come see it for yourself :)))

No comments: