Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Countdown's On!




The birthday frenzy is upon us! I'm running around while they're at school picking up supplies, cake stuff, loot bag stuff, party stuff and it's hectic! The girls are asking 100 times a day how much longer til their birthday?!?!?!? how may days til the party?!?!?!? Today after school I let them help me prep the loot bags. Holy chaos Batman. They were sooooo excited to do it, Lovey ran around filling a bag before I'd divided anything up or explained what needed to go in!

I made separate piles and they walked/ran around the table, supposedly taking one from each pile for the bag. At the end, the bags were gone but some piles had run out and some still had things left. We had to go back through the bags a few times to sort it all out. I tried to keep track as they went but had to give up when my OCD got my heart rate up too high. I just let them go to it and everything fixed afterwards.

Earlier in the day I'd been cleaning out Sweetie's closet and rearranging the Christmas decor that I'd jammed in there haphazardly after the holidays. She found the Santa hats & thought they'd be perfect for this little helper job!

No comments: