Sunday, December 11, 2011

Not Again!!??!?!

More water in the basement this week! I came home from the gym, grabbed some lunch and was headed to check my email when I slipped a bit on something wet. Fearing that Murphy had regurgitated some mess on the floor, I was hesitant to look down. There wasn't as much joy as one might expect upon realizing I hadn't actually stepped in a pile of barf. Instead, it was a couple inches of water on the floor, EVERYWHERE!!!

I phoned Murray, dreading the clean up. He came home in a flash and what had seemed so daunting before, he cleaned up in a little over an hour. Once he manned the shopvac, it didn't seem so intimidating anymore. I started pulling up our foam tile floor and putting furniture on blocks so we could get at everything.

Although it was a nuisance, it in no way compares to the mess we faced last time and I was able to appreciate many bright sides!

-it happened during the day & we didn't have to stay up all night bailing
-we were better prepared with our own powerful shopvac
-we still hadn't replaced our flooring
-the walls didn't have to be dismantled
-nothing was really ruined or had to be discarded
-we didn't need to call in an army to help us tear up a subfloor
-we fixed everything with a shopvac and sweltering  heat


However, we can no longer live in denial, believing that this isn't going to be an ongoing problem. Time to pull our heads out of the sand and figure out a plan of attack! ....after hristmas..... probably...

No comments: