Thursday, March 1, 2012

Backlog!

We've had the flu here since Sunday when Lovey was sick. She was recouped and back at school Monday morning. Tuesday morning Sweetie wasn't feeling well and neither was I so we had a pj day until I remembered I was expecting a client order delivery and put on some real clothes!

She played her games, read books, relaxed, watched TV and didn't have any more trouble. Wednesday morning she came to breakfast, looking forward to going back to school but was very thirsty. I poured her a glass of water and she drank some. Then she got a funny look on her face and said "my tummy feels weird all of a ...." and her eyes bulged and then blam! All over the table. Bon Appetit! Luckily she was the only one there yet and no one else's appetite got ruined. I sent her back to bed and cleaned up & disinfected for the next wave of breakfasters who luckily did not regurgitate on the dining surface!

Honey woke up tired & cranky yesterday and said she didn't want to go to school. Then when she found out Sweetie got to stay home, she started chanting "No FAIR!" angrily as she was envious of all the "fun" stuff Sweetie would be doing while staying home. Then once she realized she was fighting a losing battle she grouchily muttered "hunh. I'll probably get sick on the weekend!!!" Poor thing is probably right unfortunately. Life's a big rip off, better learn now!

Wednesday was another pj day, Skyping with Grandad (and Bunny) and lots more playtime and laundry catch up! Sweetie showed no further signs of illness and didn't even need a single nap! School looked like a for sure thing until she barfed up all her supper in the middle of the night. Whaaaaaaaaaaaaat??? I haven't had a steady stomach or a good sleep all week so was barely able to drag myself out of bed to go check on her. When I went in I could see a horrible bloody mess and was instantly awake and alarmed! Then I remembered the raspberries for fruit at supper. Whew! No internal bleeding after all! I stripped her bed and she followed me down the hall, apologizing  for missing the bucket I'd left for her but I was so relieved that she wasn't hemorrhaging that I didn't even mind cleaning up! She also asked "Can I still go to school tomorrow???? PLEASE?????"

This morning I decided it wouldn't be wise to send her if she's still contagious and infect other innocent people who stand a chance of escaping this for their weekend! So another day at home for us, still not much appetite and I had a 3 hour nap while she got to level 11 on her video game. Who's the sick girl here anyway???

So that's my sob story on lack of blog posts this week! Here are some pictures from Shrove Tuesday though! Mmmm pancakes!




No comments: