Thursday, March 1, 2012

Before the Flu Invasion

Ahhhhhh  Monday! Only a few short days ago, life was normal. Hectic and busy as all get out, but at least I could leave the house!!

I had my usual grocery run, went to the gym for a couple classes, came home put things away, had some lunch, picked the kids up, went to violin and then dance class, nice supper at home. Who knew I was living it up???

Since then someone's been sick and so have I! Tonight I'm feeling better, Sweetie's pretty sure she's going to school tomorrow (art day after all!) and Honey barfed in the hall around 7pm. So unless she has a miraculous recovery in the night, it looks like she's getting her wish of a day off from school. 

She's the worst one when she gets sick though. Most people get sick and they're lethargic, don't want to talk much or make a fuss. Not her. Nope. This one gets mad. AND makes sure everyone knows it! "UGHHHHHH I HATE THIS!!!!!!!!! I WANT IT TO GO AWAY OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH IT FEELS AWFUL!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I FEEL TERRIBLE!!! WHY DID GOD MAKE GERMS!?!?!??!? WHY CAN'T HE FIX THIS???? MY STOMACH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! IT'S HARD TO GET COMFORTABLE WHEN YOUR STOMACH IS TRYING TO KILL YOU YA KNOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!"


When I reminded her that she'd gotten lucky to get sick before the weekend and would get a day off after all she just glared at me and then yelled "YOU'RE NOT HELPING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" I took my cue and made my exit!


and if that wasn't enough excitement, Murray went for his run tonight and came home with his stomach all messed up and went straight to bed. Quite an introduction to March huh? On the upside, I've dropped a few pounds this week and have absolutely no interest in chips or chocolate. This is practically unheard of and no doubt very temporary but at least I can enjoy weighing myself. Sad source of entertainment, but there ya have it!


Here's the sick little princess getting tucked in early, once she finally got all the yelling out of her system!



and then there was life back on Monday when things were a little easier!





No comments: