Friday, March 2, 2012

Weekend's here!

What a week! Honey stayed home today and was a lot calmer once all the voiding was done. She had a good night's sleep and had a small appetite today so it looks like the worst is behind her.  Murray crashed early last night and didn't resurface at his usual time this morning so I got Lovey & Sweetie on the bus and when I came back in, Honey was awake.

An hour later, there was still no sign of Murray so I phoned his office to let them know he might not make it in. One of his coworkers answered the phone and asked me to make sure to keep him home. I explained that he didn't always listen. He has to be totally incapacitated to actually take a sick day. The guy again said he thought I should keep him home so I suggested that if Murray stumbled in there looking all bleary and gross to kick him out!

Sure enough, Murray woke up and thought he should still work because he wasn't THAT sick. I told him I'd already called and they didn't want him there. He decided to compromise. He drove in to the office, set his computer up so he could work on it from his laptop at home and came home to work instead. Whoever taught that boy about dedication may have gone a little overboard! He did break down and have a nap this afternoon. I'm sure he timed it, documented it and sent an email to the boss so his pay could be properly docked. :)))

This week while Sweetie was off we still practiced her adding and subtracting drills with PopMath, a cool app on the iPad that they enjoy. She worked on it every day and got up to level 27 without many mistakes.


Payday for me!!!! Five dollars came in the mailbox so Murray's not the only one working from home around here. I'm earning my keep, one survey at a time!


 and I finally got around to hanging some pictures! I put up our family photo in the living room a few days ago and then tackled this beast yesterday. I do love my Murray's 20x40 canvas but it was a challenge to work with!!! I had to get our precarious antique step ladder from the garage and work out some brutal calculations to get the &^@#$ thing centred & levelled properly over the doorway. Seven holes and 2 sheets of paper later, it looks pretty decent and Murray was pleasantly surprised when he got home. Not sure if it was because I didn't kill myself on the ladder in my spectacularly klutzy way or because he wasn't expecting me to get that task done that day!

(as you can see below, I could do with more time on the Pop Math app myself)

Since Murray was working from home today, I decided to vacate the premises for the first time since Monday afternoon. I went to the gym but didn't feel up to doing any step or Zumba action. I started on the eliptical machine but that was too much standing and my legs didn't like that! I moved on to the spin bike and that went much better! It felt good to be out and get the blood moving!

I spent the rest of the day watching an online photography workshop on Glamour shooting. The presenter is amazing and so inspiring. She shot the women students in the live audience and showed their before and afters today. They were all blown away and so was I . What an amazing ability this photographer has, to make anyone look and feel like a supermodel/covergirl!!! I'd love to try this and think I have a lead on a volunteer!

No comments: