Monday, May 28, 2012

Weekend Blur

The weekend kicked off into another whirlwind of activity and now we're back to Monday and I can't even say for sure that we had a weekend!
I picked the girls up from school and we ran to Costco to pick up food for the evening's activities and delivered it to its destination. Then we raced off to attend my cousin Liz's open house for her new daycare. She has a fabulous new, bright, spacious and clean facility. Liz is running a top notch place! For the open house she had some snacks and face painting!!! Lovey was right in there first thing and then Honey decided to check out the designs. Sweetie had a peek but didn't see anything she liked so wasn't going to bother. The face painter had no other people to work on so I tried to convince Sweetie to get something done. Finally she thought that if she could have a little bunny on her cheek, THAT would be worth doing. All the designs were super cute but Honey's was the only one that had action. If she scrunched her nose, she could make the penguin dance so that was pretty cool!

After Sweetie was done, there still wasn't anyone around so the girl asked me if I wanted one. I jumped in the seat so fast, your head would spin! I thought she'd just do a couple swirls around my eye but she had a lot of paint and time on her hands and I got a mega cool design. I hated to peel my gems off and wash it away at bedtime.

Once we'd had our visit, we went to pick up Murray & Tulip for movie night at the church. We cooked pizzas, had snacks and some ice cream and chocolate sauce for dessert. Yummmy! Julie & I thought it would be fun to have a family even since we haven't had one in so long. It was all very last minute, we just brought it up at Sunday School last week and didn't think many would be able to make it. With that little notice, we had 26 people come! We couldn't believe it! Definitely something to repeat in the fall!
annnnnnnnnnnnn that's how Friday went!










No comments: