Thursday, September 19, 2013

Honey's Cross Country Running Debut



Since Honey has been practicing for the 1K race coming up, I suggested she try the cross country team at school too. I wasn't sure if she would, or if she'd even be interested in it. One day she came home and told me she'd signed up. I said "You did?" She responded "well you told me to!". This instantly made me nervous. This could go either way. If she went and hated it, this was now going to be all on me! Luckily that didn't happen and I can now claim all the glory!

Her school had a meet with several other local schools at a park downtown and it was a mob scene. Kids and parents everywhere! It was hard to tell who was where or what the instructions were or where the course was. It was a pretty small loop so we only saw her take off and then again at the finish. It was divided by gender and grade. She started at the back of the pack but managed to pass quite a bit and was near the middle at the end and came in 35th place which she was really happy with.



I love the smile on her face here, so happy and proud!


and in other news today, Sweetie was working on her "treasure box". She has to bring in a decorated box of things about herself, things that are important to her and present it to the class. She wanted a picture of herself for the top of the box so we took this last night in her room.

She has caught my dreadful cold that wiped me out for 2 days but she's looking good so far! I spent most of yesterday sleeping and am pretty much recovered now. I'm crossing my fingers that Murray doesn't get it. He's got a half marathon coming up this weekend and will NOT be impressed if he gets this!!!

No comments: