Tuesday, December 3, 2013

Sleepover Downtown!

Having only one vehicle and a hockey schedule is quite the juggling act! Sunday morning Lovey & Honey had a game out of town so Murray needed the vehicle. But he was supposed to teach Sunday school so I was subbing in for him. And Sweetie was doing the scripture reading that day too. We couldn't skip!

I decided to ask Aunt Cathy if we could stay overnight with her as she lives within walking distance to church and then I could find someone heading out our way after the service. She thought that was a great idea and we packed our bags and headed in!

We helped her decorate her tree, had some snacks and hot chocolate (well I just had water but the normal people enjoyed hot drinks!) Sweetie hit the jackpot with AC's decoration discards and loaded up her bag to come home!

While we were there Sweetie found the rotary phone in her room and wanted to know if it worked and it did. She tested it out with a call home to Murray and reveled in her retro experience!

She was a little nervous about doing her reading in church and practiced it several times. She initially agreed only if I'd go up with her. The night before, I realized I would be upstairs with the Sunday School while she was reading! I mentioned to AC that I'd have to figure out when to slip back in to go with her and AC offered to do it instead and Sweetie was fine with that. When it actually came time to do it, she decided to go all on her own instead! I asked her afterwards what made her decide to be so brave and she said she just thought she might be able to and wanted to try. She did a great job and got so many nice compliments. No one could believe she was nervous because they couldn't tell at all! AC made me a copy of the service so Murray & I could hear her afterwards and she did sound great! She's so hesitant and shy sometimes that this was quite an impressive feat and hopefully built some confidence for her!


Ho

No comments: