Thursday, March 29, 2007

Another Triplet Family With the Same Name?!?!?

Well how bizarre! I was googling to see if I could find links back to our own website or references to us and I found ANOTHER family by the same name who also popped out 3 kids in 2004. I guess we're not all that special! However Aunt M has assured me that ours are cuter, although she might not be all that impartial! : ))) I never did find any hits that were connected to us. I guess I won't bother sending in my app to CTU & just give up my aspirations of working with Jack & Chloe saving the world from terrorists.

Shirley was here today, hooray!! She is sooooooo good with them. Even when they're being turkeys, running away from her or having a fit about something, she remains unfazed. She can keep them busy and entertained & I am almost never needed to step in. She's had regular weekly visits since they were infants and is quite fond of them. I am so verrrrrrrrrry appreciative of her interest and devotion. When the girls were around a year and a half, she was telling a friend that she still comes to help out and the friend said "that's just for YOU now!" to which she replied "You're RIGHT!" This made me smile because she might think she's just here for her own benefit but I'm totally reaping! How did I get so lucky to have all these people who just want to do things and help us for so long? Having our 'regulars' makes the week so much smoother. If I can make it through Monday (Teena & Anna), then I can get to Tuesday (music class) and if I survive Tuesday then Wednesday's a snap (playgroup) and then we're past the middle of the week and Shirley's here first thing Thursday morning & stays til lunch so that's taken care of and then last but not least, GRAMMIE FRIDAY!



I decided to try and be more productive with my Shirley time today & got the sheets changed on our bed, made 2 banana breads, (one for her, one for us!) and....drumroll please, pistachio chocolate tunnel cake! Yes, I am a culinary whiz. Or at least, those of you who don't subscribe to the Kraft recipe magazine can think so! The cake is actually greenish so it's an interesting combination of colours and flavours. It was a big hit at supper though, the kids ALL liked it. Rare that anything gets a 5 out of 5 rating around here.



Have I mentioned that Murray & I are going out this weekend???? I'm soooo looking forward to it! While I was still getting EI during my mat leave, I put some money in the joke 'money to burn' jar every payday. Since we go out so rarely, that stash has covered every dinner out, movie theatres, movie rentals for the last 3 years (plus the odd gift certificate from bdays, Christmas). This will be our last MTB withdrawal so it's going to have to be a good one! We're leaning towards a fancy buffet, go out with a bang. It's a totally amazing experience to eat

uninterrupted, at a leisurely pace, while your food is still warm. Ahhh the small things in life!!!




Lovey has the strangest preferences. Tonight after a potty run, she insisted on sleeping on the cold floor. I had to sneak a plush fleecy blanket in underneath of her. Why would you want to sleep on cold threadbare carpet?? She holds on to a bad idea like no one I've ever seen though so if you don't act fast, she just wants it more!








Sweetie: another excellent potty report! We got through the day with how many accidents Sweetie? None! Then Daddy came home and we got distracted and missed one. However, she initiated most of the trips to the bathroom today all by herself. Could it be the lure of the new Cadbury mini eggs? I know I'd do quite a few things to get my hands on some right now. *sigh* Lent always seems like a good idea the first WEEK!! When I get up Easter morning, the heck with cereal, I'm filling up a bowl of those babies & eating it up with a spoon. Put that on the grocery list Rick! : )))



Honey: the people pleaser! The girls helped me change the bed today. Honey put the finishing touches on with the pillow shams. "Mumma's gon' be sooooooooo happy!" She lives to serve! This is when it would be nice if they were all identical!!

2 comments:

CaosMom said...

I do NOT envy you in the potty training of three at the same time - as darned cute as they all are! Our guy is almost done - no more diapers and very few accidents but it requires a constant watch. I am sure if I had three they wouldn't be potty trained 'til they were 18 *laugh*.
At least I know what to get as a gift for any parents of multiples-to-be... a carpet cleaner!

Anonymous said...

^^^ that was me... doh!

-Stacey