Sunday, March 25, 2007

Carpet Capers....

Murray must have been exhausted, he went to bed early last night, planning to leave at 6am to go running for a few hours before church, and ended up sleeping in til 9am. So much for that idea! I ended up going to church on my own since the kids weren't ready, he wasn't ready etc. I might as well have stayed home since everybody just wanted to know where the girls were!! *sigh* at least I know where I stand! lol

Murray had the Belgian waffles going by the time I got home, yummmmmmmm! but his intense concentration left the living room carpet completely vulnerable to the girls' artistic expression. They found the bag with their paint & decided not to interrupt daddy & set to work on using the floor as their canvas. At least two of them did anyway. Honey was quick to point out "I din do that paint Mummy!" Murray tried to scrub it out with a rag but there was too much so we decided it was time to shampoo the carpet. Lovey must have heard we were going to do a clean up anyway and felt that there was no need to get to the bathroom to have a crap. Sweetie, our other roving reporter was heard to announce "Dere's ALOT of poop in here Mumma! Gosh!" Luckily no one had run through it or driven any trains through this batch so removal was quick & easy. We're trying not to get frustrated with her, we don't want to make things worse. It's hard not to though when she's so stubborn and 5 minutes after you've asked her about going to the bathroom, she pulls a stunt like that!! Deep breaths....deep breaths! Sweetie, however, had another good day! Yesterday she had an accident while we were out for a couple of hours and as Murray was putting her in the car to go home, she grabbed her pants and was upset as she said "oh Daddy, I peed in my diaper!!". Today she had only had one accident too so that's promising. But then, I've thought that before so I'm trying not to get too excited.

Once Murray got everyone outside, I put the carpet cleaner to work & everything looks spiffy... for now anyway. We headed for my parents shortly after I finished and I immediately crashed for a nap while the kids played downstairs. I was exhausted and apparently the nap wasn't enough because I'm still tired! Goodnight!!!

No comments: