Saturday, March 24, 2007

Super Saturday!



Wow! we are busy people! But busy is a good thing & it was soooooo nice out too! This morning we met up with some other families with twins and went to a historic village for Sugar Bush weekend. They tap the trees there & were boiling some syrup right on the spot so we had fresh taffy on the snow as soon as we got there. Tasty!




Other than Honey, we all thorougly enjoyed our little cup of maple candy. Lovey & Sweetie begged for more but at $2 each, we must moved on! We went down and saw the animals in the barns and they loved that! We ran into lots of people we know, cousin Drew & crew, old coworkers and clients, people from church & playgroup, even Teena! It's a big event & with the sunny warm weather, it drew a big crowd. On the way out we ran into Drew again & he just happened to have some leftover taffy cones so we got one for Lovey & Sweetie to share. They thought that was a terrible idea! They each wanted their own & I had to fight the stick away from them every time it was the other's turn (the things I'll do to save $2!!). I gave Lovey a turn for one last bite & there was still a huge gob of candy on there. Didn't that little bugger open her mouth wide & clamp her teeth down on the stick & pull the whole thing off???? Sweetie went ballistic, screaming mad! and I didn't blame her ONE bit! We saw Drew's wife shortly after this & they were still trying to get rid of their melting stuff so Sweetie ended up getting another bite after all but it wasn't pretty there for a few minutes! Needless to say we made a quick exit & got home for lunch.
THIS is the CRAZIEST thing I've ever seen. Who eats off a freakin' stick???
Ok, time for some serious, high speed eating! Ain't sharing MINE!
Oh yeah, sweets for the Sweetie, let me at it!
Everyone went outside this afternoon & I got the kitchen cleaned & mopped, baked a cake & some muffins & cleaned the bathroom too. They were all really excited to play on their swingset again. The snow had been too deep for them to walk through so they haven't used it in months. They played out there for a little over an hour!
Murray did their bath after they came in & I was still doing my chores & getting stuff ready for supper. Shortly after the girls got out of the tub, our dinner guests arrived. Dianne & her 2 girls & her 6 mth old twin boys came over. The girls had a blast playing with her daughters and they seemed to enjoy themselves too. They all sat at the Dora table and chattered away. The guests brought Timbits so those were a big hit & were gone in record time. Dianne seemed to enjoy a break & having dinner made for her. Her husband will be home on leave in 14 days and she's reallllly looking forward to having his help again. AND we're going to trade off on some babysitting while he's here. I'll go & keep her kids while they go out & then she'll come here some night so Murray & I can take off for a bit.
Speaking of free babysitting! Have I mentioned that I love my cousins lately??? Ryan & Shawna are coming here next Sat afternoon & Murray & I are going to a movie, maybe get dinner afterwards.... I'm sooooo excited! We haven't gone out by ourselves yet this year! My mum's here every Friday & watches the girls so I can run errands etc but I hate to ask her to stay the evening too often and we don't get many babysitting offers (go figure eh?) so I'm taking them up on theirs for sure! Besides, come the fall, I'll be able to return the favour (well, on a smaller scale anyway!) when they have their baby. It'll be sooo much fun to have a new baby in the family. It'll have been over 3 years since we've had a new addition so I'm pretty jazzed about that too! I hope it's a girl so I can give them the things that Aunt Brenda (Ryan's mom) bought for our girls before she died. She had so much fun shopping for outfits & went a little nuts at Carters!

No comments: