Thursday, March 22, 2007

Another day in!

Lovey & Honey... awwwww!


"Are the other girls coming Mumma?" Sweetie asked as she entered the kitchen where I was getting supper. I had no idea who she was expecting so asked what girls? She replied "Honey & Sweetie....no, Honey & Lovey!" (so if you occasionally have trouble getting the right name out, don't worry, they can't even do it sometimes!!!). I asked what her sisters were doing & she told me they were sleeping! I went down to check & sure enough, there they were out like a light. How adorable is this?? Almost makes it hard to believe the screaming & fighting from earlier in the day... but I try to soak up these images and freeze them to hold onto because I know this sweet time in their lives is going to be over before I know it.

They'll be three soon and that means that within a few short months, they'll be going on FOUR! Time is escaping on me & as much as I love to see all the new things they learn (well most of them!) and hear all the amazing things they can say & share with me, I'm so dreading this 'growing up' stuff because I know it only leads to abandonment. As much as I'd love to pull off the Gilmore Girls relationship where everything's easy & fun with mother & daughter, I know it's unlikely to live like they do on tv. If that were possible I'd definitely have better hair & wardrobe!

I worry a lot about time running out and I'm terrified to send them off to SCHOOL, it's almost like an enemy who's coming to steal them away from me. The control freak in me is losing her mind that I have to let them go off to this other land where I don't rule and have no say over who they hang out with and are influenced by. Will I have done enough & taught them enough by then? Will they get picked on? (pity the fool who tries to boss around Lovey!) Will they have lots of friends? Will they be smart? I like to think I'm doing a good job around here but I read too many books about families with teenage girls & how easily things can go wrong, communications shut down, mistakes are made and all is lost... damn that Jodi Picoult!!! I didn't need to know about the rainbow game, stoneface or suicide pacts!!! I'll just try and block that all out for another 10 years or there won't be enough hair dye in the world to cover the grey I'll bring on myself!

Ok, back to cutesy toddler talk! Today while Shirley was here, I was getting Honey to help me make the bed. She started on her side and pulled the top quilt up right away. Then she looked at it & realized she'd forgotten to smooth the sheet & blankets underneath. She wrinkled up her brow & "hmmph, I better start over!" Oh the stuff they come out with! I cracked up right there!

Another good day for Sweetie, only one teensy accident all day. She had several yesterday though and eventually gave up on the underwear and asked for a diaper again. I was tired of the growing pile of laundry so I let her have one but I'm not sure if I should have done that or not....

1 comment:

mom2triplets04 said...

awww how cute. Love the photo. Aren't they so cute when they are sleeping?