Sunday, March 18, 2007

Walkabout



Sunday, the day of rest, time with family.... sounds good doesn't it? Well the girls have been driving Murray crazy all day and Honey's been a bit cranky so he thought he'd get her out for a walk, just the two of them. No problem, they're dressed & just about out the door when the other 2 catch on to this plan! Sweetie's on Day 2 of life in the panty lane so she can't go anywhere before she goes to the bathroom. I expect resistance & then that will mean she has to stay inside. Lovey has also been holding out on us so I figure Honey's quality time with Daddy is safe. Unh unh! Those 2 little turkeys just about trip over each other in their newfound haste to get to the toilet! That was the fastest trip of the day I'm sure! They get dressed quickly after some argument over whether or not they needed to keep their tights on and when Daddy started to leave without them, that settled that & off they all went, holding hands. Almost makes me want to go with them but I'm greedy to have a few minutes with the house to myself so I can enjoy some peace & quiet.... to do fun stuff like clean the bathroom and fold laundry! Oh well, it beats working intermittently between referreeing fights over toys & books. I'll take what I can get :)

Sweetie's did quite well today, even went to church diaperless without incident. She had no trouble on the walk, stayed dry on the car ride to my parents'. Through the whole day she only had one accident so I'm impressed with that! She seems to be taking this business quite seriously. Dare I hope?!?!?!? Is that light I see at the end of the tunnel? or is it just another oncoming train? Stay tuned for the next episode of Diapers of Our Lives....

M&D got back from their trip & we drove Jordie back up there. He seemed pretty happy to be home again. Since Mum didn't h ave a chance to make any supper, we had to order out, CHINESE!!!! (you can tell how upset I was about that!) The girls must have been pretty tired from their walk since they fell asleep not long after we left the driveway. Then they were fairly cranky there so we didn't stay too long & got them home to bed before things got ugly.

Murray's gone out for his long run tonight in the cold, brrrrr! He said he'll be home by midnight. Poor guy! Hope the training pays off for him.

No comments: