Tuesday, July 24, 2007

All Dressed Up & No Place to Go!

This whole swimming pool thing is really screwing up our bath schedule! Normally they kids would play outside in the afternoon and then I'd bring them in every other day around 3ish, give them a bath & then let them watch a bit of tv while I go up and make supper. Now that they're in the pool most afternoons, it seems strange to get them out of the pool, dry them off and then put them in the tub. Haven't they soaked off most of the dirt already? they don't look dirty.... and they're enjoying themselves out there & I hate to cut short any summertime fun as it's so fleeting!

Anyway, this morning I decided I'd give them a bath before going outside, although this didn't seem to make much sense either since they're likely to end up right in the sandbox... but they've got to have actual contact with soap once in awhile right?

So they were all squeaky clean, hair brushed and into their Princess Pamela dresses they got for their birthday last year and while I know I'm their mom and not exactly unbiased, they were pretty freaking adorable!!!! I'm so glad their dresses still fit, Princess Pamela has been spoiling us with her fancy smocking since the girls were still preemies and most of the time, they have outgrown the outfits before they've been able to wear them very much. I'm very happy to say that these dresses have seen alot more action than their predecessors!

Even though it was almost noon, I convinced them to come outside for some pictures & I was really happy with a couple of them!
My favourite from today I think!







After a late lunch, we got ready for the pool & it was so warm today that they actually played in it for almost an hour. It's so nice to have them outside running around. There's so much less fighting and screaming. Do you think they'll have outgrown all that before winter sets in again????

2 comments:

Dublee said...

Some really nice pictures today.

My favourite is the one of Honey with her hands in the air.

Nice to see the girls all shined up in their "beautiful" dresses.

marian mackay said...

Those certainly are beautiful little girls!!! love,Old Nanny.