Thursday, July 19, 2007

Busy is GOOD!

I think I may have mentioned this before but things run so much more smoothly around here when we're not sitting idle too long. Well the kids anyway, I can only dream of having enough down time to be ABLE to be idle!!! ; )))

Wednesday we got up, got ready & hit the park and were there for a couple of hours. Before getting to the playground, I parked the kids on this nice set of steps and got a few shots of them here. Is it just me, or are these kids pretty freakin' cute????



Lovey in a rare, serious moment!

After playgroup we went to another fun filled location: Old Nanny's!!! and found yet another pretty staircase. This time they weren't as agreeable to being parked & some bribery was required. Once we got them all set up & OlNan was ready to take her shot, she didn't actually have any film left!!!!! Luckily Camera Kelly was on hand to save the day.

Old Nanny rendering payment for their services!

Before we started lunch, she showed them a toy one of her daughters had found at a yardsale & picked up for them. It was "Magic" and her 3 magic puppies. It was love at first sight. They're still running around with their puppies today & took them to bed again tonight. I'm not sure how much Jill spent on this "find" but I think we're getting her money's worth! The thrill of the new puppies really cut into the attention span for their lunch but boy did I eat well! A seafood stirfry (shhh! don't tell Murray!) and a chicken casserole with a side order of thick multigrain bread with strawberry tarts with whipcream on top. Darn Good Eats as my dad would say. It was pretty tempting to keep eating but I managed to exert some self control... after the 2nd helping!

Not a spectacular photo of Sweetie but after reading a tip from Shooter Shelley , I was trying to get some "catch lights" & noticed a bit of shine in her eyes here & wanted to see if this was what I was going for. She said I got it, but that she usually goes for something a little more pronounced so I'll have to keep practicing. Now that I know what I'm looking for, it should be a little easier...I think.

The kids played & played while we were there & before I knew it, it was 4:00! Time to dash home & throw some supper together! It was so nice to have lots to do the whole day & not get bored at home.

Today I decided to try Story Time at the library again (last time we got there & it'd been cancelled). The event was on today but there were a fair amount of people there so the girls didn't venture too far away from me. They had songs, a puppet show, 2 different stories, a Dino dance lesson, a craft table, a reading corner, a bean bag toss and a demonstration of an exploding volcano. We were there for over an hour & although they didn't want to venture too far, I think they really enjoyed it. They were quite excited to show Daddy the volcano picture they'd made anyway.

On the way home I was feeling brave & decided to run into the grocery store & pick up a few things. Until a couple months ago, this was an unheard of event but I'm finding it a little easier to get them in and out of the car & they're almost always well behaved when we go somewhere that doing the odd errand isn't too bad.

No comments: