Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Fantastic Wednesday!

Yesterday had several touch & go moments but today was one of those days where they were just fun & cute and sweet & I just loved them to pieces all day long! At bedtime I was tucking Sweetie in (for at least the 3rd time!) and she looked up at me with her twinkly little eyes and said "sing, please sing to me Mumma?" Now how could I resist a sweet little request like THAT??? I know, I know, I'm a sucker but if she was scamming me, it was totally worth it. : )



The fact that it's Wednesday is a big help of course. Playgroup takes care of our entire morning and then we hit the grocery store before going home. They're turning into real shoppers & were asking for stuff every 2 minutes! can we have this? can we get some of those? I was able to just say no & they dropped it but I'm guessing that eventually they'll escalate these attacks???



After coming home & unloading we had some lunch. Since they hadn't seen their stuff all day they were pretty content to play for a bit as I cleaned up the kitchen & made some biscuits. Then we got the sunscreen out & headed out to the pool. The warm weather has kept it at a decent temperature for them & I threw in quite a few buckets of hot water to help it out a bit more. Sweetie doesn't last too long so I wanted to give her a bit more time before her hypothermia kicked in!



I was so impressed to see Lovey floating on her back today all by herself!!!!!! She finally figured it out. She was really close last week at the lake so I knew if she got a bit more practice she'd have it soon. They've learned a lot this summer and are trying to swim across the pool now but still use their feet on the bottom to propel themselves. I haven't broken it to them that they're actually cheating ; ))) Let them have their fun right? I did see Lovey trying to use her arms to move herself around while she was doing her back float so I'm sure it's just a matter of time now.



I'm really anxious to see them be able to swim. We spend time at the beach every summer & it'd be nice to know they could doggie paddle at least! With the 3 of them, I think I'd be more comfortable with them in a pool if they had some survival skills! I'm not sure how swimming lessons would work at this age, I think you need an adult for each child maybe? One of those things that we would have liked to have done with a singleton. It just wasn't feasible to take them all to lessons when they were little. The prep alone was close to 2 hours to get us out of the house, plus a 20 minute drive all for a thirty minute lesson? I figured I'd just fill up our super big tub & teach them some stuff in there!

So since Wednesday was so swell, I totally expect things to bomb here tomorrow....

No comments: