Monday, September 24, 2007

Invaded & Loving It!

















I took the girls over to the resource centre for some craft time & they did more crafts in an hour than I normally come up with in a month! They loved all the colouring, painting & gluing. I really should do more of this but I'm just not on the ball in the art department!! But as long as I know who is, that's just as good right??






In the afternoon we were glad to have Teena & Boo over. Teena's husband works out of town through the week so she's on her own with her daughter except for the weekends. So on days like today, when she's tired out from having a cold & Boo wants to play play play, there's no break in sight, no relief shift coming in at supper time etc. She was hesitant about coming over but I thought she could use a change of scenery, a diversion and maybe a rest! Boo & my girls get sooooooo excited when they see each other & now they just run and play with almost no intervention by us. Them coming over here is the highlight of any day! To be able to hang out with Teena & get caught up on events & news, swap horror stories, get advice, vent my frustrations is like therapy for me! I love my girls & enjoy being with them immensely, but it can be a little lonely at times & having a friend of my own here is a huge treat!






We played outside, the girls enjoyed the sandbox, swings & slide & a Lucky Charms picnic at the table. After awhile we ended up indoors & they watched Pocahontas for awhile & gradually Teena gave up her "oh no, we couldn't possibly stay for dinner" stance & caved in & they joined us for the roast dinner I had in the crockpot. Don't fight it Teena, we're irresistable!!!!!! Take advantage of dinner offers when you get them silly!










1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You know me so well! I am really glad you called and convinced me to come over; not only did Boo get to play with her friends, I got to play with mine! It made me feel better, physically and mentally, and I got leftovers to boot! Thanks for being there for me.
xoxo Teena