Wednesday, January 30, 2008

More OJ! STAT!

Ugh! this cold is determined to have its own way but I'm still fighting it. I was pretty wiped today though so I'm aiming to turn on the mattress warmer & crawl in there soon. If you don't have a mattress warmer, you are missing out! They are THE best in the winter, especially if you don't really heat the rest of your house and your hands & toes are numb by the time you do go to bed. It's like crawling in to a nice warm bubble....

Since I wasn't feeling overly peppy today, I was pretty glad it was Wednesday and that we were going out. I was so psyched for this that I managed to arrive there before ten am (time which it normally starts) and my usual arrival is at least 10:15-10:30. I brought my camera so I could use some pics of them at play for my entry today. That didn't really work out as I got sidetracked with another photography project instead. We're doing a "Who's Who" so I went around getting mugshots of all the moms. Lots of people come but from week to week it changes and it's hard to keep all the names straight and all you end up remembering is "that's Bobbie's mom". I managed to get a picture of everyone there today but only one shot of my own kids. Where are my priorities?!?!?




Since I know one of the moms visits the blog fairly regularly... CG, here you are!

We started new gymnastics lessons last week & we have that in the morning so Thursday will automatically be off to a good start. Boo & Tulip (lives down the road, born 1 day before our girls) are both in the class with us so that's an added bonus!! As you allllllll know Coupon Kelly loves a bargain but this one required more effort than any other deal I've gotten. There is a gymnastics facility that is no more than 5 minutes from my place. There are very few activities that take place this close to us, just about everything else is a 20 minute drive in to the city (which, around here is considered to be quite a hike!) So I was really keen to sign the kidsup at this place. When I tried in the fall, I could NOT touch base with the guy, he's insanely busy but it was frustrating to know that $6/kid/week lessons were available if I could JUST make contact!! After a couple of weeks I gave up & signed them up in another class at more than double price (thank goodness for cash gifts from great-grandparents !). After Christmas I was determined to not let that happen again. I started phoning & when that didn't yield any results, I took it up to the next level & went to the gym! I pretended to take the kids to their open gym time over lunch hour and nabbed him as he was walking by. Once I was able to speak to him we had no trouble setting it up. So as you see, it pays to stalk! The kids love it there & I love that it's less driving & gas & of course, saving over 50% is the icing on the cake!!!!!! : ))))

No comments: