Saturday, February 2, 2008

Climb Ev'ry Mountain!!!!!

Self Proclaimed "King of the Hill"Despite the freezing rain & cold temperatures last night, today was actually pretty nice. We got a little bit of snow today & it was a bit windy but sunny & nice. We decided to take the girls for a ride in their sleds & let them play on some huge snowbanks down the road.

Sweetie & Lovey, sharing a snow pizza
Lovey's new pose, that's my girl!!!!

They enjoyed the ride, especially when we were energetic & ran a bit so they could go "FAST!!!!!!!!". When we go to the spot we had in mind, Sweetie started the waterworks and her highpitched braindrill of a scream because it wasn't the "mountain" she thought we were going to. (there's another one in the woods that they like to play on). I pointed out that her sisters were already headed towards the mountain without her & she quickly gave up the drama & chased after them instead.



They climbed and slid and attacked Murray with snowballs and had snow snacks and had a grand ol' time on this mountain for almost an hour. By the time we got home, we'd been gone almost 2 hours so we all got lots of fresh air which he hadn't done much this week.

"do you want a sled????" NOPE! I'm going on my BELLy!





On the way home I was worried they might start to get cold & then get whiny so I suggested they walk with us to keep warm instead of sitting & riding in the sleds. To my relief they went for it. It made the walk home quite a bit longer but they didn't care. Honey was poking along and Lovey & Sweetie were walking with me when Sweetie decides to spice things up a little. We're not going to walk home. Nope. We're going to surf home! I walked, pulling the sled behind me as she tried to remain upright. She did better than I would have! It was a little tricky to keep her balance as the sled started off with a bit of a jerk, but most of the time she kept her position and rode along with only occasional wipeouts. Lovey wanted to give it a try as well and surprised me by giving Sweetie a run for her money.

Another adventure for the family log!








another nature shot, I love sparkly iced up trees. I'll have to work on this one...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ahhhhh... I see Uncle Andrew and I found our new surf partner!!! Now just to convince grampy that bad thongs will not happen :))

KelMur & Co. said...

hmmmmmmmmmm maybe.... but if you dangle my flesh & blood off any rockfaces, you're toast.