Sunday, January 27, 2008

What?!?!? Weekend's over already???//

Ma!!!!!! are ya coming MA???





yes, apparently it is Sunday evening & Monday is fast approaching. The girls' colds continue and last night 2 of them were running temps of 102ยบ and it seemed like every few minutes, someone was awake and crying or hollering " I SNEEEEEEEEEZED!" immediately after the wettest gooeyiest greenest expulsion of snot ever heard. Needless to say we were incredibly relieved when no one really fussed to get up until almost 8:30. There wasn't much hope of getting everyone out the door on time for church this morning & with them having fevers we thought it best for them to miss Sunday school this week. I went on my own instead. I really wanted to hear my cousin play violin in the service today. Every time he plays he seems so serious and so grown up & I always remember when they brought him to Aunt Brenda's when he was just a newborn & I got to hold him for the first time. *sigh* you know you're getting old when you can say stuff like THAT!
apparently not fast enough to make the 2 second timer..


getting better but still not quite there...

Yesterday I also had an outing by myself so I've had quite a lot of freedom this week! LOL Nicolle & I were teaching other moms how to be sneaky chefs & we cooked some "deceptively delicious" food for everyone to try. She & I have similarly themed cookbooks & she had the idea to invite moms from church & playgroup for this get together. I decided that was too much work for her alone & told her I'd handle one of the dishes. Everything was a hit! I'm not going to tell you what we made or what we added or Mandy & my dad will never eat at my house again ; P We sent samples downstairs to the kids who had come that day & they scarfed everything down without batting an eye. Little did they know how many secret ingredients were in there!



aha! made it but not in the frame! this is soooooo complicated!
Ta da! Here we are!

After the cooking session, I ran around and got several errands done so that was nice to get out of the way. By the time I got home & unloaded the car it was after 3pm and it didn't seem worthwhile to wage the "get the kids dressed to go outside" battle that can take anywhere from 20-45 minutes so Murray went for a run instead and I got supper ready. We seem to have a tag team marriage lately! He gets home & I'm off doing something else, I get back, he does his thing etc. Hard to have any squabbles when you're never in the same room long enough! : )



I loooooooooooooove my Sweetie!

This afternoon I suggested we go outside & all go for a walk or that we could pull the kids on their sleds. Honey didn't want to go, then she decided she would, then she changed her mind. Lovey was all for it but then realized Honey wasn't going so then she wanted to stay home with her. Sweetie was all for it though & got her duds on without too many hysterics and I tried to use the remote control to take our picture together but didn't stop down enough & only some parts of the pictures are in focus. Gotta work on that as the only way to prove I was around when they were growing up is to set the timer on the camera! Otherwise I'd never be on this blog at all!






Ooh! forgot to mention! On Friday I picked up my proofs from Shooter Shelley and now I have to narrow it down & figure out what to get printed. This is a tricky time of year for expenditures as I have to readjust to Murray's deductions changing every January and it feels like a huge pay cut every year! Why can't they even that out over 12 months like everything else? For half the year we manage fine & then the first half, we're back to beans & wieners. Not sure how I'm going to work in a big print order but the pictures are already a few months old and we haven't given out a family photo in quite awhile so many people's frames are overdue for an update! Not to mention our own. I don't think we have a family photo larger than a 4x6 anywhere in here ourselves. That ain't right!!!!!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi: Kel: Can you tell me how to send one picture ofthe girls,from the blog page? I have a friend Who has three little ones and I would like her to see them. Old Nan.