Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Scrap-a-lama-ding-dong




Oh what a glorious, wonderful, fun, relaxing, enjoyable, entertaining & scrapfilled weekend I had! I got to go away for TWO whole nights and do nothing but scrapbook, hang out with my best scrapping buddies, chat, giggle & eat! No laundry. No whining (well Alisa a little but Joni & I set her straight real quick), no fighting, no potty duty (amazing what a perk it is to hang out with people who can wipe their own butts), no scattered toys to step on and BEST of all, NO INTERRUPTED SLEEP! It was like scrapheaven as far as I could tell. Not to mention that Alisa is just about as well outfitted as any scrapbookstore & we wanted for NOTHING. *sigh*


Joni picked me up Friday night after work & we packed up & hit the road. The kids seemed ok with me going & Murray was content that he'd get to make spaghetti for supper while I was away. We got to Alisa's & set up camp in her scrapbook lair and settled in to get some pages underway. We scrapped the night away & crashed around midnight. Then I slept STRAIGHT through the night and woke up with the thrill of knowing that nothing but scrapbooking was expected of me ALL DAY! We made a run to the scrapbook store to splurge on goodies and then got back to work. The entire day flew by of course & we were verrrrrrrry bitter that THIS HAD to be the weekend of the time change & we were getting ripped off a whole hour but that was our only complaint. Alisa treated us so well! Her husband tolerated our invasion and was mildly amused/confused as to how we could spend a whole weekend at this but his is not to wonder why right?

I can't think of a more enjoyable getaway for me on my own (as opposed to a romantic getaway that Murray would sweep me away for of course). I can't wait to do it again although I'm not sure how often I can get away with this sort of escape!

No comments: