Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Days Flying!

Wow Wednesday's pretty much all done & with any luck, it'll be Friday before I know it! We had a nice surprise yesterday morning when we got invited down to the farm for lunch. The girls were quite excited to visit. Every day now they want to know a) who's going to visit us? or b) where are we going today? and I had better have a good answer for one or the other! LOL

They enjoyed playing with Tulip and getting in to all her stuff. What a mess was made! I tried to clean it up as we were getting ready but the kids just started dragging toys out from a different area every time I turned around & Penny kept telling me not to bother since Tulip would have it all out again anyway... eventually I gave up and we got ready to go. Tulip decided they should walk us home so we loaded up the stroller and all travelled together. One of my little monkeys rode on the handlebars so Tulip could have a seat, she loves going for a ride in it whenever she gets a chance. Who can blame her? It's not your everyday stroller!


Before heading down, I finished decorating my cake for the dessert auction that was held tonight. I'd practiced on Murray's bday cake the day before and was able to get this one looking a little smoother and added the basket weave on the sides to dress it up a little. I was happy with it and the bidding went up to $40 so that was pretty good! Nicolle was really happy with the auction. She was raising money for the general costs of Sunday school & to fund the scholarship that is given each year to a graduating member. This was the most successful year & they brought in $1300 from the desserts sold. As is often said, ours is the "most eatingest church in town". Definitely a good church for us, we like our eats!




1 comment:

Unknown said...

The cake is a beauty!