Saturday, May 10, 2008

Christmas in May...



Well Wednesday night was not the greatest. Figures that I would dare mention how rageless Sweetie has been just on the day she'd been saving it up! This time it wasn't so much her just giving us attitude as being sick with a bad cold. However she did jerk us around a bit just for the fun of it & because she knew she could! Between sneezes & kleenex demands & water requests it was another night of hourly wakings




Besides Sweetie's many visits, I believe Honey had a nightmare in there too... or was that last night?? They're all starting to blur together... anyway, by Thursday morning I was pretty tired. This is the type of day made for tv & I wasn't afraid to use it! This is why I try to resist it on other days. I KNOW there will be times when it will save a life so I like to save it for those occasions.

After breakfast they actually got into some Christmas crafts we'd never used. Bonny would be horrified to know I'd never used her kits til now (shhhhh Maggie!) but these things happen for a reason. December was fairly busy & there was no lack of things to do. On Thursday however, entertainment need was at an all time high. I pulled out those folders & we were set til lunchtime!!!!! They cut & pasted & drew & coloured to their hearts' content and I hardly had to fight the urge to beat anyone to death at all! It was great. After lunch we went for a walk, came home, had a bath and then fired up the DVD player & I let the tv take it from there. Another successful day, not mother of the year material but no harm done either!







No comments: