Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Every Hour, All NIGHT LONG

Don't get too excited, I'm just talking about Sweetie waking us up! She had another rough night last night & we were all up many many times through the night. However she does seem better today & was able to stay awake until almost 7pm (last night she went to bed a little before 5pm). Now that Honey & Sweetie are on the mend, it is of course time for Lovey to come crashing down with the cold. All these sleepless nights are taking their toll on Murray who has a race coming up that he's been training for!
Cranky Honey Bunny, so many tears, so little time...
oh! silly me! I seem to be outside in my negligée
I hate everything!

My lovely cousin in law (note apron reads "caution, hot dish")
me, my flowers & my demo cake





Last night I had my 2nd class for the cake decorating course I was teaching. I thought it went not too badly considering I've never taught anything like this before & haven't taken any further courses myself since the intro one in 1999. Other than buying their supplies, the course was free so I'm pretty sure everyone got their money's worth! ; ) You get what you pay for! Everyone seemed to enjoy it & one lady said she'd come back & take it again just to review & practice more. If there's enough interest I might do more of them throughout the year but have a fee so the church can make some money. All the extra snow removal & cold weather have had a nasty impact on the budget so it would be nice to do something to help out with that since we don't really have the funds they need! Overall I thought it was a good experience for me. I've NEVER been keen on doing presentations or speeches or anything by myself in front of a large group. Luckily I stacked the class mostly with people related to me so I couldn't have had a better group to practice on. My family already knows the good, the bad & the ugly. If they show up anyway, they know what they're getting into! After the class last night, I got a nice card & a pretty bouquet of flowers as a thank you so that was really nice & unexpected!

Today I tried to get some crap done around here but you'd never know it. I put away at least one load of previous days' laundry & washed & hung two new loads, cleaned the bathroom.... hmmm it FELT like a lot more than that! Oh wait! updated the multiples club report for the treasurer, worked on a display of pictures for playgroup that I've been meaning to do since early January, uploaded all the pictures to order the prints, cleaned up all the icing stuff from last night's class.... uhhhhh made supper.... vacuumed the kitchen & living room.... well darn it, it seemed like a productive day but that list looks like it could all have been done in about an hour, but I swear it took all day! (and of course was all done in between 435 tantrums and 3000 snotty noses)

No comments: