Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Still Hanging In There...


Murray's still kicking but seems to be falling victim to this nasty cold. He was in bed by 9:30 tonight so hopefully a good rest will do him some good.
Sweetie was very good tempered last night but seemed to need a LOT of kleenex. At least the rage has subsided. Last night she was very polite all 5 times she woke me up. Call me fussy but even good manners when I'm supposed to be sleeping doesn't seem to do much for me. Although it IS much nicer to be woken up with "Mumma, could you get me a kleenex please?" or "Can someone please take me to pee?" She even uses a nice sweet voice when asking for these services.
Since Murray's got a potential race this weekend, I've been trying to be more alert the last couple of nights so he's not getting up as much & hopefully won't get too sick to run. He's sounding terrible though so I'm not overly optimistic. Ah well, he shouldn't be in a stinking race on MOTHER'S DAY anyway right???? : )))

We went to playgroup this morning and I took some pictures of the moms there. We've all been saying for ages that we seem to know all the kids' names but not the adults'! To help remedy that, I've been getting shots of everyone & yesterday & today I've been working on them & adding text to the photo. I've got most of them done now but I think I'm still missing a few people so I'll have to keep bringing my camera & get them the next time they come.


After playgroup, a few of us went to McDonald's or as the girls call it "Old MacDonald's". It was a nice treat to have lunch out & it kept the girls entertained for a bit longer & I got to chat with Yvonne, Teena & Julie some more so it was a win win situation!

By the time we got home the afternoon was half gone and so was my energy but I decided that after that lunch, I'd better drag my butt up & down the road! I managed to talk them into a stroller ride and off we went. Only a couple stops for dandelion picking & we zipped up & back quickly so I could get supper started. Lovey was pretty tired today but she was the one who wanted to do the most running as we went. The other two were the lazybones this time. Go figure!


When we got back they were keen on checking out our rhubarb patch. Most people seem to be able to grow this effortlessly. I've even heard of occasions where people have trouble GETTING rid of it. Well, we seem to have whatever the opposite of a green thumb is. Yes, last year we managed to KILL all our rhubarb plants that were given to us by an accomplished gardener!! They came to us in good shape but we must have looked at them funny because before the summer was over, they were all wizzled (not sure that's a real word but all that's coming to me at the moment). We tried weeding AND watering them. Nope. So to see them coming up at all this year was a total surprise. Maybe they'll turn out afterall. nahhhh, I'm sure the kelmur gardening curse will kick in before long!

No comments: