Monday, May 5, 2008

Is Cold Season not OVER yet???

We've got a cold going through the house AGAIN. I thought we could skip a few weeks without some sort of illness dragging us down, but no, I guess that's just not an option. Although in the grand scheme of things, a cold is no big deal. I got an email the other day from a friend of mine who babysits a 2½ year old who was just diagnosed with leukemia. I'm blessed to only have runny noses to contend with.
Honey came down with it on Friday & then 10 minutes before we were supposed to leave for her eye appointment, she vomited all over. I felt terrible for her (and Grammie who caught it all on a pillow!). Not only because she was sick, but because she'd soooooooo been looking forward to her outing with me. She'd talked about it all day, reminding me not to forget that she was coming with me today & not to forget to take her to the doctor etc. When I told her she'd have to wait til next week, she was crushed & started crying right away. I assured her she'd get to go next Friday and it would be more fun when she was feeling better and she seemed to accept that. Sweetie took her appointment & she'll have Sweetie's next week.
playing with depth of field again, comparing the amounts of blur at different F stops.

The appointment went well & Sweetie did all the tests perfectly. I was so proud of her when she listened to everything they asked her & followed all the instructions. She even answered questions when they asked her things. Sometimes the kids get shy & just get a goofy grin & hide behind me when someone tries to talk to them. Friday's appointment went well & she got some stickers when we left. Her vision is fine and no concerns there. We're hoping to avoid glasses for a few more years!
After the appointment we went for groceries and she helped me pick out fruit and put things in the cart. She seemed pretty happy with the whole excursion & it was nice to have a little one on one time for a change.

On Saturday Honey was feeling a little better & no more vomiting incidents. However, late Saturday night & into the wee hours of Sunday morning, Sweetie started coughing and waking up crying and on Sunday afternoon, she wanted a nap. Never a good sign. She slept for over 2 hours & only got up when I woke her because we had to leave to get to my parents' for dinner. The other 2 fell asleep on the drive up there, also unusual. We didn't stick around long, anticipating a dicey bedtime and it was a wise move. There was quite a bit of crankiness so I was glad we weren't late getting them tucked in.

Sweetie had a rough night so of course, Murray & I had a rough night as well. She was up many mnay times, coughing, sneezing & mucus everywhere and on and on. I was exhausted this morning when Murray was leaving for work. Today was minimal effort day with large doses of TV thrown in and a looooooooooong bath. We did go for a walk in the stroller so they got some fresh air but didn't over exert themselves or anything.

No comments: