Monday, November 17, 2008

Just click your heels together....

Shhhhhhhhh! don't tell Dorothy, but I think we may have stolen some of her shoes!
On Friday, Lovey had a bit of a cold and so I didn't send her to school with her sisters. We dropped them off & she & I got the groceries instead. I was browsing the winterwear for a charity project I'm in charge of for our playgroup when Lovey spotted the shoes.


I thought she'd be laying claims to the red glitter ones but she fell in love with the shiny gold ones. She decided the red ones would be good for Sweetie and that Honey would like the silver. I wasn't sure & bought a few different ones in the same sizes just in case. Some had huge rhinestones on them that I thought might appeal but in the end she was right, that's exactly what they picked. Honey wanted the silver shoes because they're "just like Fleur's" in her ballerina book (exactly what Lovey predicted) and Sweetie tried on the gemstone ones first but the stones kept falling out of their fittings so she ditched those for the ruby slippers instead. They've had them on every day since and seeing them enjoy those special, shiny shoes has been a treat. When they had to pack shoes for their backpacks to take to school, there was NO hesitation, sparkle & glitter were #1 priority. They're not expensive shoes (well, they're more than the $3 I usually pay at the used clothing sale but still not bad) but they're very valuable to these girls!

yikes, gotta get those curtains back up!






I'm loving the little pictures they're drawing lately! For so long it's been random scribbles and slashes & now things are starting to take shape. Sooooo precious!





and I'm not sure what's with this one & her posing lately but she was turning it on so I was all over it! : )


and no flash used for any of these pictures either, even though it was almost 8pm & pitch dark outside. Some are a bit grainy (noisy) & I was too lazy to run them through my noise reduction software or they'd be smoother. I love being able to shoot indoors & not worry about flash settings!!!!

No comments: