Monday, November 17, 2008

Shirley!




Shirley has had a very busy & tiring year. Her sister has been ill & lives halfway across the country so she's had a few trips up there for that, then the sister's husband passed away so she went back to stay for awhile & help with that and it has just been a lot on her plate. As a result she hasn't been able to visit weekly as she used to do. All completely understandable but the girls remember & miss her & ask about her often. Shirley is about to head back to her sister's for a visit until after the holidays and had one day left that she could come by & I snapped it up.




She is so good with the girls and always has been! I can remember her rocking & cuddling them as infants. She's been coming and helping us out almost from the time we brought the girls home from the hospital. She's one of our angels who had no connection to us, didn't know anything about us other than that we'd been invaded by babies and wanted to lend a hand. Without the people who consistently came by to get us through those early days, I don't know what we'd have done. Some of you read this blog and I don't know if you will ever truly understand how much you did. There were nights that I was at the end of my rope and the only thing that kept me hanging on & not snapping was knowing that in a few hours, the cavalry was coming. There would be someone else to shoulder the load and distract me and give me contact with the outside world.

It's hard to believe that 4 years later, she or anyone else, still wants to be involved with our crazy house, but we're glad you do! For some of you, it's not optional so don't be getting any ideas ;)))

No comments: