Saturday, March 21, 2009

Jam Packed Saturday!




It's only 10pm and I'm ready for bed! I got up & got ready for circuit class & Auntie KK came with me. We got home from that & had some lunch & then took the kids for a walk in the woods and they were busy! There were banks to climb & slide down, trees to hang off of, ditches to explore.... just to name a few things. The recent thaw & freeze weather made for great smooth slopes for sliding. They were so tempting that even Nanny had to give them a try!


At the end of the walk the girls wanted to be carried for a bit. They think it's pretty fun when Daddy carries "too many girls". He eventually had to put them down and then they tackled him ;)



they tickled and shook him like mad and they howled with laughter at their "attack"















On the way back, some crazy old guy jumped out from behind the trees at us, hollering "WHO'S IN MY WOODS?!?!?!?" The girls were nonplussed and calmly said "these aren't your woods Grampy!"
We got home & got everyone ready to go for supper at an Italian restaurant downtown. Nanny decided to try the fish & chips and we learned that you really should stick within the house specialty. They served her Captain Highliner! It was sooooooooooo not impressive. Also their bathroom was a bit gross, the toilet was so disgusting that I got the Mr Clean down off the shelf and cleaned the seat & rim before I'd let Honey sit down! The rest of us had great meals and enjoyed every bite. The girls ate like champs, must have really worked up an appetite out in the woods. Sweetie had her chicken fingers & some fries, some of Grampy's spaghetti, some of my fettucine, and a piece of Murray's pizza and was still hungry for dessert. How any of them had time to eat, I don't know. They talked a mile a minute the whole time we were there! The people in the booth behind us were grinning at us every time I walked by their table on the way to the bathroom & told me they were very well entertained :)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Did my eyes deceive me - or was that Rick in the woods - in the winter!!!

Glad they had fun with Nanny and Grampie!