Tuesday, March 17, 2009

never a dull moment!

You know how we hate to sit around & get bored here! LOL

Sooooo, I dropped the kids off at school, then zipped downtown to browse a shop there for potential bday gifts for my MIL but I was too keen and arrived 35 minutes before opening. I decided to pick up a tea (my love of hot drinks you know!) and drop in to visit my Aunt Cathy at her office and gave her the tea. Of course this takes me way longer than 35 minutes so I dash back to the store & see nothing that I think is suitable. However, Teena had mentioned she saw the items I had in mind at another store so I race uptown and find exactly what I'm looking for & then some. So I'm all set for the birthday girl, except for the cake but that'll come in due time.

I finish up that shopping with 12 minutes til pick up at he girls chool, only to realize, I forgot to hit he grocery store & get some peanut butter (a freakin' staple at our house!). I go tearing into Walmart to get this, see a few other items on the way & I'm back out in my car in 7 minutes and get to school on time! yay!

We got home for lunch & while they're eating their scrambled eggs, I put together a chicken casserole for supper (plus an extra for the freezer for just in case) and mixed up a batch of cookies.






They decided they wanted to plant the seeds from their apple at lunch. I had a niggling suspicion that you can't just throw an appleseed in a pot of soil but what the heck. They've been saying lately that they "miss" their flowerpots from Old Nanny last year. (she gave them each a flower plant and they were in loooooooooove with them). We got out the dirt, the pots & the watering can. They were incredibly pleased so it was all worthwhile.










Then I gathered up my snow fairies for a hike in the woods. As with any outdoor plan, I had some resistance initially but after a couple threats of a time out, we were off.


The snow is hard enough to walk across with only minimal punching through so we were able to get across the field without much delay. They stopped here to hold hands and told me to put this on the computer for Princess Pamela. They think they're internet stars now you know!



It was a long walk and Sweetie had packed a bag of grapes just in case she needed a snack. Sure enough, she did! Honey asked if she could have some so Sweetie gave her the baggie first and Honey said "I just took one!" and Sweetie said "that's ok, you can have as much as you want!" (boys, take them out in the woods and they're super sisters). Lovey was also offered some grapes and we set off again.


The day was pretty mild so they got hot with all the layers and we left the hats in a tree along the trail. Then they needed their zippers opened and Sweetie & Lovey wanted their coats off entirely. I was pretty warm myself and I wasn't runningall over like pinballs on a bonus round.
They loved the woods but got tired and the walk back was much slower. Next time they want to pack a picnic with drinks etc so they can have a good rest & go further. Little girls with big plans!
We got home in time to bake the cookies & get the casserole in for supper. I totally forgot about the potatoes & had to cheat in the microwave to have those ready in time but that's why God gave us technology right??? :)
Now the BIG news here tonight. Boo is having a sleepover. Teena has to go out of town early tomorrow morning so Boo's staying here til her sitter can pick her up for playgroup. The girls, all 4 were beyond excited when we told them this morning at school. Apparently they must have talked about it in class because their teacher mentioned it when we were picking them up.
I was at my circuit class when they were getting ready for bed but I got home just in time for tucking in so Murray didn't have to fend for himself too long (but what a trooper for being willing to!)
Settling down to sleep took quite awhile but I think everyone had drifted off by 9:30. Not too bad for the first ever. I'm sure it'll seem more than decent come ten years from now and they're staying up til 3am! :)))

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

FKOAS and I will teach them the best things to do at 4 in the morning ;)

LOOL,

Babycakes.