Sunday, October 25, 2009

Photo Fun!

Okay so that title is deceptive as all get out. There was absolutely NOTHING fun about this shoot. The kids were stinkers for the most part & just switched off whose turn it was to be rotten. I thought it was a perfect opportunity to get our family pictures done. Mandy & I talked about it before hand and planned to do each other's while we were all at the cottage together one weekend. Perfect right? I take pictures for several people throughout the year and am usually pretty happy to give them nice images. Not perfect by any means and I still have lots to learn in the portrait department but still decent. Why can't I have a nice picture of my OWN family???? It hardly seems fair! Getting them dressed was a battle since I wanted them to wear coordinating outfits. Do you think they appreciated that I didn't force them into the cutesy matching outfits? Nope. They were cold (even with undershirts!) and I admit it was not beach weather by any stretch of the imagination. Out by the bluff it was windy and cold but we're not talking frostbite weather here either.

We retreated from the front of the cottage in hopes of getting out of the wind and finally Honey settled down and started to cooperate. This instantly cued Sweetie to begin her disruptive whiny fit and cry her little eyes out. I have to say Lovey was the trooper. I don't think she ruined any pictures by having a tantrum anywhere along the way. And of course the bigger trooper was Aunt Mandy who willingly followed us around and did her best to catch a moment when someone wasn't being cranky.







I finally gave up on the wardrobe and let them get their coats on but it didn't make any difference!







No comments: