Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Bring on the bikes!



ummm, Sweetie???? WHAT are you doing??? Sweetie: I'm being a bridge Mummy!




We're developing an interest in some 2 wheeler action around here! I've been wondering when they'd get to that.

Last weekend, Murray took the training wheels off one bike & we all went down the road but the 2 wheel bike was the slowest going since there are so many starts and stops and we got left behind and my back got sore.

When I was out shopping awhile ago, I noticed the "Bike Buddy" for $20 & decided it wasn't worth it. Then after last weekend, I decided that between the 3 learners I'll be doubled over plenty and $20 didn't seem like such an exorbitant sum afterall! I tried it out tonight and feeling the investment is completely justified.

Sweetie wants to be the first to learn how to ride a 2 wheeler so we'll see how long she's keen on that! Tonight she saw a bottle in the ditch and abandoned all her training plans for the $.05 profit! Lovey & Murray had gone out on the trail a bike to find bottles so Honey, Sweetie & I went out with the little bikes.

As we were heading up to meet Lovey & Murray on their way back, Sweetie was feeling chatty.

S: Mummy?

Me: yes?

S: today I played with toys, then I looked at my book and helped cook supper and now I'm outside getting fresh air and riding my bike! I'm having a healthy day! I wanted to not play my DS so I found other things to do instead.

Me: that's a pretty good day then huh?

S: yeah, I think it's healthier to have some days with no DS!

Me: well it's not a bad thing to play your DS sometimes, but if it's alll you ever do, that wouldn't be healthy.

She's quite a thinker that one!

As far as progress on the 2 wheeler, they're figuring out they have to centre themselves but only hit it occasionally so far and it's pretty fleeting. Early days yet though!

No comments: