Friday, March 25, 2011

Honey's Latest Milestone!

Well who would have thought that Miss Caution-Watch from the Sidelines would tackle and conquer this one first???? Normally she likes to wait and see how it goes for the others before she takes any risks. I'm not sure what came over her tonight but she was determined. She hasn't totally got it but she's made the most progress so far and is well on her way!

Being able to do short distances with an assisted start is half the battle. I imagine she'll be zooming around in no time. Sweetie had told me she wanted to be the first to ride a two wheeler so I thought she might be upset at seeing Honey doing so well. I was wrong though. Honey called to them to watch her ride by. Afterwards, Sweetie made a beeline for Honey with arms outstretched to hug her calling, "You DID IT Honey! YOU DID IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!" and was so proud of her "big" sister's accomplishment.

Honey was really impressed that she was doing it herself. After I let go of the handle, I kept running beside her so she wouldn't notice that I wasn't helping her. Once she realized how much she could do on her own she was surprised, excited and very pleased with herself. She went to bed saying it had been a super duper awesome day!

Once she had a few good runs, we got Murray to come out to help her so I could get pictures. She was so thrilled to show him what she'd accomplished tonight.




No comments: