Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Laughing with Lovey

Oh my word this girl cracks us up! Well they all do on any given day I guess really. It seems that Lovey is really coming out with some gems lately though. Plus, since she rarely eats her supper, she's taken it upon herself to be the comic relief at the dinner table!

One night at dinner, Sweetie was reading the grace out of their prayer book & it was the Johny Appleseed one. At the end, Lovey asked who Johny Appleseed was anyway? We admitted that we really didn't know the full story on him & that we'd have to look him up. A couple days later, Lovey launches into a long explanation of who Johny Appleseed was, where he went, what he did and how he got his name etc. I just looked at her, speechless (well, not for long of course!).

Me: Lovey how did you find that all out?

L: I read it!

Me: do we have a book about him?

L: nooooooo! it was on Daddy's computer.

Me: oh! Daddy looked it up and showed you?

L: no! I did it myself!

Me: WHAT?!?!?!? how did you do that?????

L: welllllll, (btw, this is hands down her favourite word!) I turned on Daddy's computer and typed it in!

Me: you Googled it yourself??????????

L: yes!!!!!! now I'm going to go find some puppy videos!!!!

So there you have it! We have been rendered completely useless as an information source by our almost 7 year old daughter, now a proficient Google user. They're teaching them too much at that freaking school!!!!!!!!

No comments: