Thursday, January 19, 2012

Embarrassment!

The kids got home from school yesterday and Lovey & Honey had lots to say as soon as they got off the bus. Excited chatter flowed from them as I swivelled back and forth trying to catch all the latest developments. Those 2 hung up their coats and scampered off to wash up (I make them get those school germs off right away!). Sweetie was still unloading her stuff when I asked if she had any news.

Sweetie: yes, I have news (dissolves into tears) BAD news!!!!!!!!!!
Me:(a little worried, school never called, what could have happened now?!?!?) What is it Sweetie????
S: *sob*cling to my neck*sob* I was *sob* in the bathroooooooooooooooom an-an-and C-c-onnor walked in and saw ME!!!!!!! *collapses into heap of tears*
Me: (jeepers, that IS bad and no fixing it either!) oh no! were you still on the toilet or had you finished already??

She explained that she was finishing up but was standing, pants still down when he came in. She was horribly embarrassed and I could only agree with her. It was awful and would feel terrible to have that happen. I still have bad dreams to this day of forgetting to wear clothes to school and being seen bare!!! We talked about how he probably didn't mean to and didn't want to see her. She said she thinks she heard him laughing after but I said he was probably embarrassed too and didn't know what to do.

She calmed down after a bit of cuddling and confirming that it was indeed awful and that I felt bad that it had happened to her. She hasn't mentioned it again and hopefully Connor has forgotten it and this won't come up at a party in middle school to haunt her!

On the upside, that's pretty much THE most embarrassing thing that can happen to a girl and she's already got it out of the way!

No comments: