Saturday, March 17, 2012

Elusive Leprechaun!

 I thought they might be too old for the Leprechaun  hunt this year. I was wrong. They started talking about it earlier in the week. I waited to see if they lost interest. They didn't. Finally, it was Friday and they were still keen on the idea. A-leprechaun-hunting-we-will-go then!

They woke up at 6:30am, ready to get going but I sent them back to bed! Lovey had a violin practice this morning for an upcoming recital so we couldn't go looking then. By the time she got home from that, I had my class at the gym. On the way there, someone hit a patch of ice and swerved in front of me and crashed in the ditch! freaky! (they were fine but a little alarming to see it unfold right in front of your eyes!)

By the time I got home, the kids were in a frenzy to get started! They'd found a letter from the leprechaun in the mailbox and were ready to hit the road!

They ran down to meet Tulip who was also chomping at the bit. It was the first thing all of them thought of when they got up this morning! They raced off and started gathering up loot & clues at the speed of light. The whole thing was over quite quickly and then everyone came back to our house to divide up the treasure.

Sweetie did NOT like her hat and wore it for the picture only under extreme duress! and then several hours later, guess who was running around the house with it on, unprompted???? :eyeroll: crazy kid!












No comments: