Saturday, March 17, 2012

Quackless


We were gifted a dozen eggs by Acorn's family on our last visit to the homestead! Earlier this week, I dug into them! Some of the eggs were duck eggs which I've never tried before and was looking forward to sampling. I can't say I enjoyed them much but it really had nothing to do with the fare, and everything to do with the company and running commentary!!!

As soon as the girls saw the eggshell on the counter, everything went downhill.

"HEY!! guys!!!! Mum is eating the DUCK!!!!!"
"oh NOOOOOOOOOOOOO! MUM!!!!!!! we wanted to HATCH that one and have our OWN duck!!!"
"why did you eat our DUCK???"
"no FAIR!"
"ewww, gross. You killed it."
"the poor baby!"

and so it continued all through the meal until I gave up trying to eat it. I tried another a few days later and made sure to dispose of the evidence before the Spanish Inquisition showed up and found it much more enjoyable! It was boiled & sliced up on top of a salad so I didn't notice much of a flavour difference compared to a regular egg but it was a nice size.

No comments: