Thursday, May 17, 2012

Butterfly Hunters

After school the sun was actually shining today and no one wanted to come in and start homework, strangely enough! Since it's Thursday, they don't usually have much anyway so I let them grab their nets and have a go at hunting down some butterflies to observe. They were pretty sure they'd caught a monarch but it didn't look like one to me. As I was trying to inspect it, I lifted the net accidentally and it escaped. You could have seen my popularity level plummet! That kept them busy for awhile and then I eventually had to drag them in to practice math for their weekly quiz tomorrow. They usually can put some time in on an app I found for the iPad called Pop Math. They like getting their "Score" and trying to get their time down. They only had to do 5 minutes each but it was like pulling teeth! and that's all the work they had to do tonight!

After supper it was still nice so I told them we would go for a bike ride when they got all their jobs done (pick their clothes for tomorrow, teeth brushed, make their lunch list, clean up toys etc.) but not to put on their pyjamas. WHY NOT??? they cried. Because it's WEIRD!!! I said. Sure enough, they were in their jammies lightning fast.




Any chance this will be their biggest form of rebellion??? With any luck this will be as "badass" as they get for a little while at least.

No comments: