Monday, May 14, 2012

Mother's Day 2012

My little darlings forgot what day they woke up on yesterday and scampered off to play fairy games or in Honey's case, curl up with her latest tome. Once Murray got up, he got the party started! Then the top secret gifts that had been stashed covertly in their backpacks all weekend were revealed! I got the nicest notes and pictures, posters and paintings!

We went to church and then came home for lunch and played games on the Wii in the afternoon. I'd hoped to go for a walk but it wasn't very nice out. The kids felt really bad for me that I was always last place in Mario Kart. Nothing like getting your butt handed to you by a bunch of almost 8 year olds! Sweetie didn't want me to lose so much on mother's day so she stopped her car before the finish line and let me cross ahead of her!

When I'd been sufficiently trounced at Mario Kart, we headed for my parents' place and we brought the dessert! and yes, it tastes as good as, or possibly even better than it looks! Yummmmmm!!! The kids all made sure they ate supper to get in on this deal! and what a meal! BBQ'd ribs, nacho dip, chocolate fruit fondue and then the piece de resistance!!! Quite the spread!

I had a fabulous day and got to share it with another fabulous mom, mine! Sweetie even loaned me her tiara for the occasion!




 ahhh the elusive bubble blowing skill!!! working hard but still not there yet!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I had a great day! Thanks again for everything!