Saturday, December 14, 2013

Bye bye Bank!

 Mumma had 22 years in with CIBC and recently decided to call it quits and retire! In recognition of her long time there, her branch declared her last day "Diane Day" and invited the community in to wish her well and say goodbye. They covertly contacted me and asked if she'd like an iPad mini as a retirement gift. My immediate thought was "well who WOULDN'T want an iAnything?!?!?" but then I wasn't sure. I checked with Dad and he thought she'd rather just stick with the new laptop he's getting her for Christmas (no worries, she's onto his plans already, I'm not ruining Christmas here, relax :))

So I tried fishing while chatting with her on facebook one night. I asked if they'd be getting her a gold watch but she just laughed and said she didn't think so. Then I suggested she tell them she needed an iPod so she could Facetime with the kids. I thought that might trigger a "oh I'd love to do that!" or maybe a " ha ha I WISH!" but nope. She didn't have much comment on iStuff. They wanted it to be a surprise so I couldn't just come right out and ask but her manager eventually gave up and just checked with her. She thought it was a great idea!

With Black Friday sales I was able to get her a deal with the gift card they bought her. I believe she has opened the box but hasn't gotten far with the set up yet. The kids will have to train her over vacation probably!

 

Can't you just see Mum & Dad all cozied up with their new shared love of quilting??? I'm not exactly sure what she's going to do with her extra free time, but I somehow it involves my dad and blocks of fabric!

On her very last day, they had cake and punch for the well wishers so we left school early (once in a lifetime occasion warrants an exception) and zipped up the highway to surprise her and bring flowers. She hadn't expected us at all so she was shocked when we walked in! Once she was done with meeting and greeting, we went out for supper to celebrate!

No comments: