Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Frozen... Or maybe not...

I decided to venture out for some snowshoeing on my own the other day. I'd been out the previous week with Tabby and it was so soft she sank through and got a soaker in one spot. With the recent cold snap, things were looking more solid so off I went with my good buddy!

We went all through the woods and then started heading back across the beaver pond, it looked great! I sent Murray the picture of Checkers so he could see the solid surface of the pond in case he wanted to try it later on his outing. I was most of the way across when I felt the surface start to give and heard the telltale craaaaaaaaaaaaaack! I launched myself at the nearest patch of grass I could see and narrowly avoided going for a dip! So much for that nice solid surface! Ahhh  the excitement of country living! Checkers wisely avoided the whole thing! Hopefully there won't be any other sort of outdoor swims til we get the pool opened back up!



No comments: