Monday, April 30, 2007

Mondays with Teena are BACK!





Teena's project was to paint coffee filters, then fan fold them & secure with a pipe cleaner which doubled as antennae. We then added a string and they ran all over "flying" their butterflies.



Hooray! After many empty Mondays, Teena & Boo were back today! Between the 4 kids, and all their variations of sickness, we missed out usual get togethers several weeks in a row. The girls were all excited to see each other & ran around & played the entire time they were here. We managed to pin them down for a few minutes to eat but not for long.




Teena had several surprises up her sleeve when she arrived today! She's a great friend to have & I'd recommend her to anyone except that I hate to share her! She's mine!!!! Not only does she come to my entertainment rescue most Mondays, she always brings stuff with her. Sometimes it's a snack, sometimes it's a game but it always adds tremendously to my day and makes my life easier. Just having her walk through the door can tip any day into the positive end of the spectrum. You know the saying "a trouble shared is a trouble halved" ? Well having Teena around is sort of like that. Nothing seems as hard or unpleasant when that smile & sunny disposition enter the room. I was dreading today! Sweetie was up ALOT last night & I eventually fell asleep in her room one of the times I went in to try to comfort her. If the interrupted sleep wasn't bad enough, I'd gotten hooked on a new Mary Higgins Clark & didn't turn out the light til almost 1am. So I was tired and not in the mood for any triple trouble today. By 9:00am I was on my 2nd phone call to Teena, trying to see if they were available to play with us today. When my first message still wasn't returned after 15 minutes I was starting to get antsy & had to phone again around 9. We were in luck and despite getting locked out of her house & her car stalling, she & Boo made it over shortly before lunch time. She came well prepared too! She brought fruit for lunch and a craft for us all to do together. Besides this, she also brought me a nice card & some McD's gift certificates to thank me for taking Anna's picture! Totally unnecessary, it's good practice for me & only took 10 minutes when they were here one day. So THANK YOU Teena, for the millionth time, I find myself being so glad all our kids were born so close together & we can enjoy all this stuff at the same time!!!

No comments: