Sunday, April 29, 2007

Appreciation Sunday

Today at church was appreciation Sunday for all the volunteer Sunday School teachers. I had the cookies all baked yesterday but then decided this morning (THIS MORNING!) that the girls should also make some sort of picture or card to take in to the toddler room attendants. Breakfast went pretty smoothly & it was all cleared away and it seemed like a good idea. I got a big piece of paper & wrote "thanks" in block letters and got Lovey to start first. She very diligently stuck 246 sequin flowers to the letter that I'd spread glue onto for her. She was very careful & did a great job filling it all in. I then got her to fill in another letter with Popsicle sticks. For the first bit, Honey & Sweetie were playing in the living room unawares. They caught on somewhere around halfway through Lovey's second letter. I then tried to get Sweetie to work on a couple of letters and send Lovey off for cleanup. Nothing doing there! She wanted to do some more & Honey wanted in on the action too. Lovey didn't take to well to being all done but there was only a mild screaming fit & was fairly short lived at that. Eventually the sign got decorated but was very wet from all the glue. I had to take the hairdryer to it! but it worked & was ready for transport when it was time to go. We managed to get to church & I was only a little bit late for choir practice. It was worth it though! Murray said the teachers really liked it & was the only thing anyone brought. (although cake & a token of appreciation were at the reception after church was over).


After lunch, Murray decided to get rid of one of our tall tall cedars. They've never really done anything to me other than block the view & sunlight a bit but I've always disliked them. (maybe because they make a really good hiding place for stalkers & serial killers...) Regardless, I was happy to see them go & am looking forward to seeing the one on the other side of the door go toppling soon!
It'll soon be time to start building on our new & improved entrance way. I can't wait to be able to walk in , turn around and possibly even sit down to take off my shoes without trampling someone else, tripping over 27 shoes, boots, mitts, coats, sneakers and other outerwear paraphernalia!

Once Paul Bunyon here was done his work, we headed up to my parents' for supper but I managed to stay awake for the whole visit this week!

No comments: