Saturday, April 28, 2007

The Apprentice!

I would so love to be a 'good photographer'!!! I do manage to get some good shots occasionally but they tend to come to me by fluke or because I took 100 shots of the same thing. I rarely get it set up just so and get a good candid on purpose. The posed portraits come out decently but the on the fly stuff? Forget it. Shelley R, I'm not.

But guess WHAT???? She goes to my church, comes to our playgroup and led my course for The Purpose Driven Life and after overcoming my starstruck shyness, I managed to talk to her a few times. One day she was complaining that she was having trouble finding an assistant to work on some weddings with her this summer. I almost tripped over myself in my haste to volunteer! Then when I wasn't sure if she knew I was serious, I phoned and begged for the 'job' on her voicemail. Anyway, grovelling works & I'm in! I get to work with her this summer. She does such amazing stuff and I love her pictures. If I can pick up anything from watching her work, I'll be soooo thrilled. Hopefully she won't go all Donald Trump on me before I learn anything!!

No comments: