Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Transitionless!

Looks like we're jumping right from winter into summer! Yesterday's weather was awesome!!! A week ago we were shovelling out, this week there's hardly any snow to be seen & I'm sure I saw the thermometer hit the 30's yesterday!




I wasted no time in getting a load of wash in & putting it out on my clothesline (stupid or not!). I'm not sure why, but somehow, hanging my clothes out on the line feels good! I like how it makes me feel all domestic and June Cleaverish (without the nice coif, pumps & pearls), I love looking around the yard and seeing the fabrics fluttering in the breeze. I think it makes my yard look more 'homey' or something. Maybe because it's a familiar scene from my happy childhood? Mum, her mum, my dad's mum & all my aunts, always hung out their laundry. Not to mention the $.45 of electricity I'm probably saving!! Woohoo!


They were calling for rain today but I was happy to see clear skies! We had music class this morning so didn't get outside til after lunch but we went for a good walk in the stroller and played in the backyard (put out more laundry!) for awhile before rushing in for bathtime.


I was cleaning the kitchen this morning and listening to the girls playing & chattering amongst themselves. Even though I got to bed late last night (or should I say early this morning?) and was woken up less than 5½ hours later, I was enjoying them and happy to have what I have. Sometimes (in the middle of screaming fits usually) I'm not so appreciative of my little trio and today I felt really lucky to have such good little girls (overall) and such healthy, beautiful children (well I think so anyway!). The night before Sweetie was putting me through my paces and I was really annoyed and thinking about what a brat she was being but today they were all really good, really helpful, played well together and gave me their best smiles, hugs & kisses all day long. (ok, maybe one or two minor fits but on the whole it was one of those 'good' days). I've got it pretty good though don't you think????

No comments: