Saturday, April 28, 2007

Saturday Family Fun

Another fun filled busy day around here! Murray let me sleep in this morning til 9 (mind you I was up a few times in the night & handled Miss Fuss & Whine Sweetie from 5am-6am!!!). I suppose this means it'll be his turn tomorrow?

Once I was up I got some laundry in & then got the girls to help me make cookies for church tomorrow. It's appreciation Sunday for all the volunteer teachers. I explained that their teachers were nice to them so we were going to do something nice for them & bring the cookies but I'm not sure how much of that registered. They got to wear their GG aprons, measure, pour & sample so they were pretty happy about all that. After lunch we hightailed it out of here & went to " 'nastics". Honey likes to roam around the room, constantly saying "I wanna try something else!" and never stays with any one piece of equipment too long. Sweetie is very much in her element there as you see her hang off the rings, zip across the balance beam etc. but surprisingly, I'd say it's Lovey that loves 'nastics the most. She has the biggest grin the whole time we're there and loooooooooves every station we go to, trampoline, balance beam, foam pit, rings. They all love to go and there's no hesitation in anything we ask in preparation to leave the house. A last bathroom run is not questioned in the least, they race to get their shoes on and scramble into their car seats without a fuss.

After 'nastics we went to the mall to pick up some needed items and got ice cream at McD's afterwards. They had a pretty full day and were pretty happy. After supper I did their bath as Murray cleaned up the kitchen, living room & rec room (you go guy!)

Notable conversations today included a fight over who the alphabet song belongs to and exactly who's allowed to sing it and Sweetie informing us "I'm just a little kid".

After bedtime, I threw in more laundry, vacuumed and mopped the kitchen & bathroom, did more laundry and re upholstered the kitchen table. Ok well, so I plasticated the kitchen table then. I got a tip from one of my MOM friends that Walmart sells heavy plastic & I picked some up today while we were out. After seeing my mother in law's well forked wooden table, I've been pretty diligent about not letting the surface of ours be exposed (especially if Andrew's coming over!). I have a quilted pad, then a table cloth on top of that & then a clear vinyl table cloth over that with all the edges taped to the underside of the table. So far so good, no major dents or scratches so far. However, the flimsy table cloth kept getting poked or ripped and exposing a small section of the cloth underneath which very quickly became filthy! After buying about 3 or 4 of these clear table cloths I was getting frustrated and was very happy to find an alternative. After washing my nice blue tablecloth tonight, I put it back on and put my new heavy duty cover over top and staplegunned it to the underside. It feels nice & thick so I'm hopeful that this will last longer....


Look how smooth & shiny it is! Beautiful, isn't it?

No comments: